Updated: Aug 28
Mangrove is recruiting a barman to oversee our cocktails and bar.
Mangrove has emerged over the last year as a home for creatives and urban culture in Johannesburg with a reputation for signature cocktails and food. We are seeking a candidate that shares our ambition to build on this success to make Mangrove one of the top restaurants and bars in the city, as well as a landmark events venue.
The barman will be in charge of the cocktails and bar and will report to the Manager.
Responsibilities include: - Design and refinement of the cocktail recipes and menu
- Leading the making of cocktails and training/supervision of other bar staff
- Running the bar including wines, beers, cocktails and soft drinks
- Ideally also able to make coffees, teas and smoothies (training available)
- Controlling of beverage stock and regular stock take
- Bar safety and hygiene practices
- Ensuring alcohol license and other beverage regulations are complied with
- Building relationships with customers and our community
- Contributing to the wider vision of Mangrove including our events programme
As well as having experience making top quality cocktails, we are looking for a candidate who shares our value and our vibe and a commitment to building Mangrove with us into the future.
The role would ideally be full time (six shifts per week) but part time candidates who are available during busy periods (ie Thu-Sun) would also be considered.
To apply please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Tuesday 31st August with: · Your CV outlining your training and experience (max 2 pages) · 2-3 photos of cocktails you have made (if available, not required)