Updated: Mar 14
Mangrove is recruiting a Marketing Lead to support oversee our marketing through online and traditional media.
Mangrove launched in September 2020 as a restaurant and bar in Braam, with the vision of becoming a home for artists, activists, entrepreneurs, students and creatives. We are a place with soul and a place of consciousness, where conversations are sparked and new collaborations can be forged, rooted in values.
Despite the challenges of COVID, we have been determined to grow and realise our full potential, and in 2021 opened Mangrove Studio as a gallery and private function space upstairs, our Back Stoep as an outdoor space for chilling and major events, and Mangrove Street as a retail space and home for youth culture
Mangrove is looking for an experienced part-time marketing lead to work with the Mangrove partners, our management team, our creative team (graphic design, photography) and external collaborators to develop and oversee delivery of a strong marketing strategy.
Underpinning Mangrove are strong values and a compelling brand narrative, but what we want to get right is communicating these to our community and beyond. We also have a fantastic and constantly evolving portfolio of events, brand partners, cuisine items, cocktails and community members that we can do better in capturing and sharing.
The marketing activity would need to include social media (instagram, facebook, twitter), in-house (posters, table talkers, leafletting), our website, email newsletters and online platforms (google business, tripadvisor, airbnb experiences). In addition, the role would lead public relations with influencers, bloggers, partner social media, journalists (print, radio, tv). Finally the role would coordinate brand collaborations and sponsorships.
The role is part time (16 hours a week, worked flexibly) and can be held alongside other part-time or freelance work. We are looking for candidates that have strong marketing experience and are proactive, organised and creative. The Marketing Lead would have a small junior team to support delivery (social media management, graphic design, photography).
The successful candidate will be expected to regularly spend time at Mangrove familiarizing themselves with our vibe and community, as well as attending the full range of our events over time so that they understand the activities and target audiences.
- Curate and articulate Mangrove’s brand narrative and oversee the delivery of our marketing strategy
- Design and oversee the marketing of Mangrove's day-to-day activities (restaurant, bar, streetwear, private function and venue hire)
- Design and oversee the marketing of Mangrove's regular and one-off events
- Lead on public relations, including engaging with journalists, bloggers and other online platforms
- Lead on brand partnerships, including identifying possible sponsors, developing pitches and leading negotiations
- Manage the marketing team (part time social media manager, photographer, graphic designer) and monitor achievement of marketing targets and deliverables.
To apply please email us at email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 21st March with:
· Your CV outlining your training and experience (max 2 pages)
· A cover letter outlining why you are qualified for, and interested in, this role
· A portfolio of previous work (if available)